A success? Perhaps. It depends on what you mean by success.
Cari had some beautiful words about the show. Read all about it here.
The Golden Gate show is not an easy one to watch. I am so grateful for all of you who were there on Friday, who were willing to engage with the grief of a family after suicide. I hope you learned something about yourselves and this silly life we are living.
Cari had some further thoughts which she shared over email:
Joe, good show Friday night. I appreciated the sharpness of it, the starkness. I appreciate your recognition that hope isn't always dripping over everything, but maybe it's a little thread, and sometimes in the weave we find it, and maybe other times we don't.
"These roads won't last long...and at least we'll have some stories to tell."
we'll make it. we are carried.
Success? Only if it forced people to come to grips with consequences. That might not always be fun, but it's important. The thing I'm most proud of, I delivered on my promise: "The place where despair meets hope..." Sometimes, it takes one to see the other.
Fill these hearts with hope again
Tear down walls build up bridges again
Remake this a land of good
And you said, you'd do the best job that you could
|