Thursday, April 24, 2008

Category Overview

I recently changed my categories to better reflect the content on this site. I know they're a little narcissistic. I do care about more people than myself, but at least for now, this blog is about me and my identity. For the confused, here the definitions of each category.


  • Joe Bunting the Musician contains posts about songwriting, singing, playing shows, and music marketing.

  • The Monk. I'm not a monk (obviously), but this category explores the metaphysical aspect of my music and my life.

  • The Jerk is where the Please Leave if... series resides. This is a silly category for a silly series. I hope those of you apt to judge will realize this before you leave.

  • In The Teacher, I have placed anything that resembles pedantry (def: ostentatious or insulting display of learning...). It's where this will go because I'm teaching you about my blog. Aren't I condescending.

  • The Strange is where I put everything that is silly, weird, or uncatogorizable. So far, this post is behaving very sillily so it might show up there, too.

  • The Artist delves into the transcendent plane of existence of the artist, art, and the question of whether I am really an artist or just a crappy musician.

  • The Curator is where I post things that I like.

  • I put news and thoughts about my friends in The Amigo.

  • The Road Rager deserves a post of it's own because it has to do both with driving and what "the road" means to me in my music and my life, a complicated symbol and metaphor that we won't go into here.

  • I talk about money in The Guy Who Has to Pay Rent or Get Sent to Jail.

  • The Poet is home to some of my hacks at poetry.

  • The Sinner is my public confession booth.

Clear? Questions?


PS I decided to put this post in every category since it talks about each one. But Blogger wouldn't let me. Sad.